Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Credit Card Grand Opening Celebration

The two teams had a celebration for the grand opening of the Credit Card business on June 2, 2008. The party was hosted by our Chinese partner and was a fun affair near Ritan Park. The host of the party was VP Lv. Speeches were given by me, our JPM investment banker and the President of the partner bank. We had a great Chinese dinner and a cake cutting ceremony.

I called in sick that day as it was the fourth day of a severe soar throat and slight fever. I went to the SOS Clinic to get tested for Strep throat. The good news was no Strep but the bad news was a virus that would have to run it's course. My voice was shot.
There were some frantic calls to my house to get me to come to the event even for a few minutes. So as not to disrupt all the planning that had been done, I went to the event.
I was encouraged to drink Moutai as a remedy. My concern was replacing a soar throat with a headache. The drinking was getting a little out of hand and I don't remember how many toasts were done. The good news is the night was done by 8:30pm. I suffered no headache but my soar throat continues.
The Minister even made and effort to make a brief visit with the team:

































































































































2 comments:

gideyup1 said...

Congrats Tom on the milestone! Hope you feel better and see you soon...

Henry

Anonymous said...

TF and gang - congrats! Well earned and well deserved. Thanks for all you have done. Now come home and let the 2nd team take over! TOB